Birth control is not one-size-fits-all.
There are tons of options when it comes to birth control, our doctors are here to help you choose the best option for your body.
At one time, contraceptive pills were the only option for non-barrier birth control, but today women have many hormonal and non-hormonal options.
Birth control is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. At The Women'c Clinic, we help our patients make informed decisions about what is best for their bodies and their overall health. It’s important to discuss your birth control needs with your physician so you can find out how to protect yourself from unwanted pregnancy.
What are my options when it comes to birth control?
- Traditional daily contraceptive pills (the pill)
- IUDs (intrauterine devices): A device implanted into your uterus by your physician that prevents pregnancy. It can be removed at any time when you decide you wish to have a child.
- Injections: A shot that can prevent pregnancy for three months. This is an excellent method for women who have trouble remembering to take a daily pill.
- Vaginal Rings: Vaginal rings are a form of hormone birth control like shots and pills. They prevent ovulation. The advantage of these rings is that you can insert them yourself once a month.
- Birth Control Patches: These hormonal birth control patches are worn for an entire week, so it may be easier for women to remember to use them regularly.
- Nexplanon: A small, thin and flexible arm implant that provides up to 3 years of continuous birth control.
Your physician will help you pick the birth control solution that is right for you and your body! Whether you need a traditional contraceptive pill or another solution, we offer many alternatives. All of these birth control options are available in our office or are easily obtainable with a prescription. Call us today at (940) 723-8151 to make an appointment to discuss your birth control options.